Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chicago and back again.

Chicago was awesome. I miss it now. I miss the pizza. We had such a blast! Here are some pictures Nick and Anastasia at the Lincoln Park Zoo
Nick driving in his native Chi-Town. Need I say more?
The oh so cuddly polar bear at the zoo...
It doesn't get any better than Ethel's chocolate Lounge. Even Anastasia agrees!

Cutest moments from our trip:

1. One night Anastasia was awakened as Nick and I were looking for our shoes when Snow (my in-laws crazy Samoyed) ran away. When we got back and comforted her, Nick looked at her and said, "ok now back to bed" she looked at him, her eyes teared up and she gave him a big, sad pout and a very for-lorn cry. I think she knew what he was saying. He apologized to her and told her she could stay up and she was ok with that.

2. We went to Gaety's Ice Cream, a homemade chocolate and ice cream shop with chocolate ice cream to die for. There were actual chocolate shavings in the ice cream. Anastasia was eyeing it, so I put it up to her mouth to see what she would do. She loved it. She kept grabbing for the cone and opening her mouth as wide as she could. I could hardly eat it as she was lunging for it practically. I gave her a few more tastes which she ended up wearing but didn't want to overdo it due to her milk allergy. When Nick finished his shake, he took her, and she started crying because she wanted more ice cream so we had to leave.

Ok, those are the only really cute moments on the top of my head. A great time was had by all.

1 comment:

Ben Hatke said...

Hooray for pictures!!