2 Bodice + 2 bodice lining 13 1/2 inches for 5T Give/take 1/2 inch per size difference.
2 straps 10" long by 3 1/2 inches wide (adjust as needed)
2 skirt pieces totalling 20" (or desired length) x width of fabric (42") The bulk of my skirt was 14inches and the bottom was 6 inches. You could do the entire thing in one fabric and make one cut. Its totally up to you.
1. Add applique or trim to front bodice if you want.
2. Make straps. (I usually press the stap piece in half, and press the raw edges under and sew. Make sure one end is finished.)
3. Sew back and front bodice pieces together at one side seam. Do the same for linings.
4. Pin straps to back side of dress along the top edge (if you didn't add detail to the front, than either side can be the back). I pinned mine about 3 inches from the open side and the other 3inches from the seam side. Are you still with me? Make sure the raw edge is sticking out and sew lining to bodice along the top seam with right sides together.
5. Choose a side to be the button side and the other to be the elastic side:
6. I used hair ties cut into small pieces as elastic loops to hook around the buttons. Sew two in place along the side a half inch from top and 1 inch from the bottom. Sew other end of bodice right sides together.
7. Sew skirt top and bottom together (skip if you only have one skirt piece)
8. Sew skirt together at side seam leaving 3 inches open. finish the open edges by folding raw edge under 1/4 inch and sew it.
9. Gather skirt.
10. Pin evenly along the bodice.
11. Sew skirt to bodice.
12. Hem skirt.
13. Add button holes to front and add buttons to straps and side.
Hope that helps someone, and makes sense! I should have taken more pictures! Sorry. Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck!