Thursday, October 25, 2007

Orange Elephants and Black JEEPs




My friend Gwen has a new blog. You have to check out her adorable elephants (like the one A. is playing with in the picture above) and other whimsical homemade goodies at her etsy shop.


I have taken to looking through Etsy for little stocking stuffers and cute handmade gifts. I found these dolls that I love. Anna recommended Nova Natural Toys where I found this husky wooden toy. Its funny how we shop for baby toys more for ourselves. I have a feeling Anastasia's favorite Christmas present will be the wrapping paper. My goal is to have all my Christmas shopping done by the end of November. We will see what happens. I don't even know if we will be here or in the Chicago region for Christmas yet.


I am so happy for the rain. Rain makes me appretiate a roof over my head, hot soups, and most of all for MY JEEP!!! which I have back. I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. It was my dream vehicle as a kid. My Barbies had a Jeep therefore they had to be cool. Then in high school I thought they were cute and tough. It wasn't until I went to Moab, Utah a couple times that I knew that someday I would have one. Then last year Nick called me up at the Animal Hospital and asked me if I wanted him to buy a Jeep that was in excellent condition with a good price tag. Heck yeah!! So that is my little story. Unfortunately my Jeep eats a lot of gas. I saw a bumper sticker that read "buy a hybrid, my Jeep needs the gas." It is very amusing, somewhat true and also makes me feel somewhat guilty about not having a more eco-friendly car. I feel like since I don't commute in it and drive it a whole lot during the week, it is somewhat okay to have my "toy."


So in honor of my beloved Jeep who I have been reunited with:
Only in A JEEP!

No comments: