Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Bliss

I wish I had taken a picture of my living room 20 minutes ago. It was a complete mess made by my beloved daughter in the hour and a half it took me to wrap all my gifts. She had so much fun playing with the papers and bows and wrappers and bags. She even found a tissue box in her reach and went to town pulling out tons of tissues. Everything was everywhere and she was in complete baby tornado bliss. Ah, to be a kid again.

So one of her presents happens to be a sparkly box of tissues... and it will probably be her favorite gift too. I tried not to go overboard since she is only 10 1/2 months old and really won't remember her gift opening (or lack there of) but I guess when you have only one child and you want to relive your childhood through them, it is hard not to get carried away. I made myself divide her gifts in half so she will have some for her birthday in a month, and I won't have to buy her anything else.
Atleast that is the plan...

I have been super busy sewing and baking and sewing and baking this week. Everyone tells me to slow down and take a break... but I just tell them that I will come Saturday morning when I am in the Jeep on the way to Indiana. I am just pushing myself until then, and then I can relax to the fullest extent for the entire week we are there. I can't wait!

On a very exciting note (at least for me) Anastasia took her first steps a little over a week ago and is now walking everywhere. I love it! I dreaded her becoming mobile for so long as my parents house is the least childproof house in the world probably but a mobile baby is not so bad. She is so much happier now that she can get around! I always cuddle her and wish she wouldn't get any bigger, but at every age I say that this stage is better than the last and I hope this will continue until she is 14 or 15. Then we will have to lock her in a dungeon. :)

Until next time, Merry Christmas. And all of you in or near Chicago, you must go to the Christkind Market in Daley Plaza! I hope to go the 23 or 24!! We went 2 years ago and it was WONDERFUL!

No comments: