Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Baaack...ish...


Well, its been a while. After a lot of busy-ness and fun and tons of cleaning and laundry, our house is clean and more organized than it has been in a while. I wanted to get everything clean and in order before fall hits... because all my good intentions want to begin some sort of "preschool" with Anastasia. In fact, I am going to start up a little blog to document our activities and progress. I am not really using a curriculum, I mean, she is only 2 1/2, but I have gathered inspiration from so many books and I will definately be sharing them in the future.

Isabel is still pretty cranky, but I am finding distractions for her... and she is crawling now I think. I guess you could call it crawling... it just looks really funny! Its hard to believe Anastasia stood up and started walking at 10 1/2 months... and Isabel is almost that age and could care less about standing at all. I am glad to have a baby a little longer though!!! As a priest told me yesterday, "She is such a little meatball!" She really, truly is. Oh and look what I made after she went to bed on Friday night:


My mom and I are going to the beach on Wednsday for a couple days, and I really wanted to make a quilt. Like I have time to make a quilt. Then as I was checking Soule Mama's blog, I saw this post and realized, I could easily make a picnic blanket, with large (fat quarter-sized) squares backed with an old sheet. And it was easy! Very imperfect, but easy! And I love the light-ness of it because it is easy to stuff in a bag, and doesn't take up too much room, but is quite a decent size when rolled out!! I am so happy! Plus, I was able to use some of this:It was leftover from the first nursery decor I made for Anastasia... I have been saving it, and I had no clue what to do with it... but I can't find it anywhere now, and I just LOVE it. Now, it can be useful and come with us everywhere. I felt so guity cutting it up... but I have about 1/2 yard left so there is a little life left for when inspiration hits.

We went to Antietem this weekend. It was a lovely outing (minus the occasional fussing). Nick posted more on that here. Now I am gearing up for our trip to the beach. Somehow taking 2 small children to the beach requires mountains of stuff... I feel like I have to be prepared for anything and everything. Atleast I have the beach blanket done... I have missed posting, but needed to get things together a bit on the homefront! Its good to be back in my little corner of the web!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I clicked the link for the quilt, but it doesn't say how to make one. Can you post instructions on how to make one? You have inspired me to make a quilt. And if it's easy, I'm all about that!!!

JoAnna said...

Love it! I have this project on my lsit of to do's....(her new book really is excellent!) So glad to connect with another sewing/knitting/blogging mama!

Clare said...

I have yet to buy Handmade home!! *sigh* I am so excited that we have met, and connected too! Sometimes I feel all my fellow crafters are all via blogs! ;)