Saturday, August 9, 2008

GRRR....

So Leia is almost finished "blowing her coat". That is when all her fur starts falling out for warmer weather. She blew a little late this year. Hair is EVERYWHERE when she does this. Especially on the rugs and her favorite sleeping spot: Anastasia's bed. All was well with my Hoover vacuum that I used just about daily in the living room and twice weekly in Anastasia's room (including her bedding). The only pain in the butt thing is that the regular vaccuum didn't work as well as the attachments and I lost the extra tubes so I was generally vacuuming up fur on my hands and knees with my pregnant belly trying to stay close to the vacuum so it wouldn't fall on my head (as it so often did! Ouch!).

THEN MY VACCUUM BROKE!!! Just a few days ago. So I had to use the shop vac today which likes to try and suck up the entire rug! So my solution was to stand with my feet on either side of the rug while vaccuuming in between which probably looked even more rediculous than the prior Hoover scenario. Not only was this a pain (and painful) but it took FOREVER to get the rugs clean. But after about 30 minutes in the living room, everything looked good and I thought I could make it until I can get to my parents and pick up Nick's ancient vacuum.

Leia came in first and curled up in the middle of the floor and Anastasia came in with a bucket of bird food from the porch and dumped it in front of the dog in the MIDDLE OF MY CLEAN FLOOR! and all I can say is GRRRRRRR.

2 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

AAAAHHHHH!!!!! What horrible luck!!

Clare said...

Yeah I would say! lol. I actually just sat on the floor and picked the seed up by hand because I so badly hated vacuuming. Anastasia "helped".