Monday, August 25, 2008

5 weeks or so....

I am getting to that point where I think a little someone inside of me is sucking all my energy up. I remember the last month or so with Anastasia feeling this way, and I can honestly say I am ready not to be pregnant anymore. Am I ready for another little baby? Is there truly such a thing as being completely ready for an entirely new life entering and turning your life upside down? I don't think it is possible. Its one of those things you just have to go with the flow until everything falls into place I guess.

I haven't had time for sewing in the past few days. I feel like I am constantly busy, and don't actually get anything done. There are two reasons for this.

1. I haven't been sleeping well (except last night) because I have been laying down WIDE AWAKE. So I spend my mornings like a zombie until about noon, and by that time I have to spend the rest of the day cleaning up the mess that my daughter created while I was in my stupor.

2. Anastasia has been teething and has been a total grump. Then I get grumpy and by 2pm we are both ready for a nap.

Then Nick gets home, and we are all happy. I try to make up for lost time and use my energy to get everything done in the evenings. Then I think I can't wind down enough to sleep until 1 or 2 or 3 am. And if Anastasia wakes up (when she wakes up I should say) I can't always fall back asleep for hours. So that is why I am like a mouse in one of those wheels that runs and runs and gets nowhere. Thankfully I don't have TOO much longer to go, and with my brother coming to town and Wendy visiting, I have plenty of pleasant destractions to look forward too!

I spent the weekend cleaning the deck, and Nick helped me put up a clothesline (inspired by our recent electric bill). So now my clothes smell sun-fresh, and I have added yet another chore to my list. :) Its all worth it though, I have successfully dried 3 loads in the sun, and feel like we are enjoying our yard more.

Our dog has still been acting bizarre. Hopefully she will be "normal" again after baby #2 arrives.

The bathroom is still in the works but Nick finished ALL the plumbing. Yay! So I have a sink, and even a mirror in there now.

I have been sorting through TONS of baby clothes to try and organize things. I thought one girl had lots of accessories... but having two is seriously out of control. lol.

Well I had best go help settle Anastasia down to bed seeing as it is 10:30 pm.

No comments: