Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ANOTHER Bag.

I desperately needed to win THIS bag by Maya made. After seeing it, I knew I wanted it and no other bag could do for me what that bag could. I didn't win so I had to make my own version. And I made it from stuff I already had, including some burlap from the bargain bin at Joann's. mmm. I love the smell of burlap. Weird I know.

Its perfect for a day in the yard complete with nalgene, nature/garden books, some easy sketchbooks I made this morning, snacks, colored pencils, bug box and adorable frog magnifying glass from the $bin at Target. Yes I love it. The only thing is that my blanket won't quite fit. But I want to make one like THIS someday. Someday.

6 comments:

jojoebi-designs said...

love it, looks like you had the perfect pocket fabric too :o)

Clare said...

Yes I did! I really just LOVE that fabric! Thanks again!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Did you see soulemama in Mothering Magazine?!? When I saw the article about all those girls, I immediately thought of you!

Clare said...

I didn't see that article Annie. I might have to go to Borders and read it this weekend! Soulemama is so talented. How does one craft all day, keep up a blog, write books, and cook/clean with 4 kids??? that is beyond me.

Annie Hatke Schap said...

SERIOUSLY!! I almost made a blog post entirely dedicated to my flabbergastedness (that's a word, right?) over the entire article. It's more than just Soulemama! There's LOTS of them out there! They all write books, they all make amazing crafts and then sell them, they all homeschool, and they all seem to have at least a scrap of sanity. I mean, they were all wearing clothes in the pictures in the article... I'm lucky if I don't spend my entire day in a bath towel!!!!!!! I don't know how they do it!
(p.s. The reason I never made a blog post dedicated to that article is because, surprise, I never had time!)

Clare said...

I secretly wonder if they really are so filthy rich that they have a maid and a nanny behind the scenes. hmmm...