Friday, May 15, 2009

Little Red.

In case you had any doubts about her hair color: I have met more people with red hair, orpeople with red-haired kids since I have had Isabel than I knew existed. Nick thinks Queen Isabel of Spain har red hair (correct me if I am wrong). I always wish I had red hair as a kid. Not Maureen O'Hara red but Pippi Longstockings red. I so wanted to be Pippi. Anastasia has been telling every person we meet about her red slide. She has been sliding a lot lately.
In garden news, I have almost 2 foot tall pea plants, atleast 15-20 lettuce and arugula plants, some rainbow chard, and we bought some tomato and broccoli plants that I planted too. I also planted some herbs outside, and re-planted tomatoes, peppers, squash and cucumbers in pots. I know its a little late, but I think when I move them out, they will catch up. I have something eating holes in my pea-leaves. It is definately bugs. I saw a few slugs and a nasty foamy egg sack so I made some Epsom-salt spray for them. I also made a soap spray for other bugs and a fish and spice spray to keep away mammals. The Spicy fish stuff must be working because the neighbors have 8 rabbits in their garden, and nothing (not even my lettuce) has been touched... YET. (knocking on wood) Anyhow, that is my little gardeny update.

2 comments:

ONe Crafty Mumma said...

Such sweet photos. Your little ones are so cute!

Clare said...

Thanks! I think they are cute, but I am so biased. :)