Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween was so much fun! I finally finished the costumes on Saturday. We had a bit of an adventure friday night after a couple hours of pretty intense contractions. They went from 10 minutes apart, to 7 minutes apart and once we hit 6 minutes apart, we loaded in the car for the 40 minute drive to the hospital. WELL. Once inside the hospital, the contractions just stopped. I had maybe 3 the entire time we were there... and well, after being monitored for nothing, calling my Dr, and atleast meeting some nice nurses... we were sent home. We were home in bed around 1am, and exhausted. My mom had the kids, and so at least on Saturday I had several hours of quiet and peace (and a bit of soreness and tiredness) and I finished the costumes. Maybe the little guy knew that I hadn't finished the costumes, and how much I wanted to take the girls trick-or-treating. Maybe he was not coming into this world yet because I had forgotten to pack the camera, and there would be no first pictures of the little guy. Maybe he knew how long last week was and how tired we were. I don't know what the false labor was all about, all I know is that it wasn't meant to be... and we are going to have a November baby for sure! :)


Isabel didn't understand the whole halloween thing, but she had so much fun filling her bag with candy! I wasn't sure she would keep her costume on as she kept ripping it off beforehand when we were *trying* to get pictures. No matter. She was perfect at trick or treating, even though her hood fell off and everyone mistook her for a princess.


Everyone knew who Anastasia was. She wore her gown with such royal pride. Also note her lovely trick-or-treat bag that I came up with a couple hours beforehand. Hooray for craftyness when you never got the halloween buckets out of the attic! Anastasia was going to be Snow White. I bought the Snow White pattern... and she changed her mind. Oh well. I didn't really use a pattern, so I am really happy it came out as well as it did! I did use a peasant dress pattern for the top, a little less risque than Belle's shoulder-less dress, don't you think? lol. I would have prefered a more generic princess, something NOT Disney or cartoonish, but I want my kids to feel free to be who they want to be. I am glad I have another year before another round of costume planning. BUT I do know little baby boy will be a gnome.



So now that I rambled on, and also just cleaned my house, I am going to head to bed. I hope you all had a lovely Halloween! And if you haven't become a fan, I now have a Little Red Whimsy Fan Page so please check it out!! Hope you are all having a lovely November, and don't forget to vote!

No comments: