Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our Littlest Saint


Isabel Therese was baptized on Sunday. She was so happy with it too. I think she knew instinctively that she was becoming a little saint, a child of God. I find it hard not to imagine my children and the lives they will lead as adults. Their extremely opposite personalities seem to have distinctive qualities that will guide their spiritual lives and I hope in my heart that they will be leaders of their generation. A generation that will be handed a country tainted by our present mistakes and a true generation of hope.
Isabel is a relaxed and happy baby. She fills me with peace in all her ways. Her spark of red hair, her sense of humor and her squeals of joy are all part of who she will be forever. She loves to snuggle, and lay in front of the fire. She is everything a baby should be and more. Saint Isabel Therese may love and peace surround you all the days of your life.

1 comment:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Aaw, and she looks beautiful! Congratulations to her!