Monday, November 30, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Yes, I am somewhat back. Not as conviniently as I was when we had internet before (kitchen table convinient) but I do have the internet again in my bedroom! We ended up with a virus last week and had to wipe the ENTIRE computer. Thank goodness I had just uploaded ALL my pictures to Shutterfly the week before or it would have been very bad. Thank you Shutterfly.

On another note, we had a very nice Thanksgiving weekend, despite the family drama, computer issues and the fact that Nick spent most of his time working on a book he is editing. On Thanksgiving we went to my parents, and got to see my "little" brother for the first time since last Christmas! And after our yummy meal, we took a walk in the fog down a street near my parents house. I was hoping the horses would be out to show Anastasia, and they were! Not only were they out, but the owner was out and brought us his "wild mustang" who he had tamed and had become this very sweet horse named Willow. Anastasia was able to pet him, and then the kind man, who teaches equine science at Mary Wash and Germanna, gave us a tour of his barn and let us meet all 5 of his horses, and his 2 donkeys... all of which were "rescues". I didn't have my camera. *sigh*

And then, after teaching us a lot about horses, and horse whispering, he let Anastasia sit on one of his horses!!!!!!!!! Wow. It was just so amazing to see her, so small on the huge gentle animal! The awe mixed with fear and wonder on Anastasia's face was priceless. It was a true Thanksgiving gift and another thing to be grateful to our Heavenly Father for. It was the kind of gift that really makes a holiday magical with the only true "magic" of the Christmas Season... the kind of magic that has great kings be born in mangers, puts the stars in the sky and love in our hearts. May that magic fill your hearts this advent and Christmas season!

And hopefully more posts and even pictures will follow!

No comments: