Thursday, October 2, 2008

The last duck is in the row.

So I have finished all the big things I had hoped to complete. Today I made Anastasia's halloween costume. I used leftovers from curtains and Nick's Rennaissance cape to make this little dress loosely based on the Simplicity Disney Princess pattern. It is actually a little bit big, but I want her to be able to wear it to the Faire next fall if we get to go! Plus I think it will last a while in her dress up box. I made the crown out of wool felt inspired by the design in Soule's book, The Creative Family. I am so happy with how it turned out.
And for Isabel I have a little pumpkin onesie and a fleece candy-corn cozy. So I am set. I have a cute halloween basket and I am trying to think of what to fill it with for Anastasia. I am thinking some stickers, some dried fruit and goodies from the bulk section at the store, maybe some finger puppets? I want to make a little laminated sticker book for her too. We will see what time allows with our new little arrival coming tomorrow! And can I just say I am SO EXCITED!!!

On the flip side, our dryer seems to not be working. I think it is the "start" button but I am no expert. All I know is that I am SO GLAD that it was sunny and breezy so I dried all my diapers and then a second load in one day which is good. I hate leaving baskets of laundry to come home to. Anyhow... I had best get to making my stew and enjoying our last dinner as a threesome. Hopefully my next blog will be loaded with pictures of our bundle of joy.

2 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Praying for you! Hope it all goes well and I can't wait to see pictures of the little cutie!!

Wife of a Soldier said...

You are so talented! I think this and the covers for the moses basket and carrier are my favs of what you've done!

Prayers for a safe and quick l&d and a healthy little bean! :)