Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I have *most* of my presents finished and wrapped! And I even succeeded at making a good portion of my gifts (I finished some handmade goodies for the girls last night!) And I am really excited to see my brother (from Montana) and to spend a cozy Christmas morning in our own home! I know it will be very exciting for Anastasia... and her excitement is very contagious... especially to Isabel so it should be a very fun day (even if we get ice and are "iced-in"). Tonight we are having a very traditional fancy meal... of take-out Chinese food and Cherry pie! And to top it off we are going to celebrate our midwest heritage (mine by marriage) by watching A Christmas Story while eating the Chinese food. Fah-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah. ;) So besides 2 apple, and 1 cherry pie baking today, I get the night off. But Santa will be working extra hard tonight. He totally deserves those milk and cookies.

Hope you get to share the love and joy of life and family, and rejoice in our salvation, originating in poverty... a newborn in a manger. How blessed we are to have our lives, our children, our families, our friends and our salvation. Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments: