Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swiss Chard Summer Pasta

I love June. June is so flavorful! While the swiss chard in my garden is only a whole 4 inches tall, our CSA box was packed full of it last week! So after eating it as a side dish, adding some to my pizza, I found THIS recipe, and made it my own. Super easy, super yummy!!

What you need:

1 box of penne
1 small garlic scape
2 green onions
1 medium bunch of swiss chard
1- 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes (or 3-4 fresh if you have them!)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup parmasagn cheese
and any herbs you love

Recipe:

1. Boil water for pasta and cook according to box.

2. Chop garlic scapes, onions and swiss chard (I even used the stems!) and saute everything except the chard leaves in 2 TB of oil in a skillet until soft. Then add chard leaves and cook for 2 minutes.

3. Add tomatoes, sour cream, milk and parmasagn cheese and cook until smooth and creamy and heated through. Add salt and pepper (and any other herbs) to taste.

4. Serve over pasta and enjoy!

I told you that was easy! Now go visit your local farmer and make this for dinner! :)

No comments: