Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 5-7 Brookfield Zoo

We started out Wednsday as usual and went out for a hearty midwestern breakfast. Mmmm. Then we took a quick trip to Cabelas to look for some sandals for Nick. Here is Isabel in the cart: We then headed to Brookfield Zoo with the Grandparents. It is a HUGE zoo. Almost too huge to see in one day! Anastasia loved the sea lions, dolphins and the "Fari Train" (Safari Train).

Watching the sea lions swim is really fun:





Before we left we had to see the giraffes per Anastasia's request. Then we rode on the carasel which was really fun:


Until it started moving. It was a bit of an overwhelming day for a 2 year old.



Isabel woke from a nap, and was pretty mesmorized by the carosel.
After the zoo we had an insanely wonderful meal at Connie's Pizza. It was heavenly. Delicious pizza, and scrumcious tirimisu. The best I have ever had.


DAY 6



It was July 16th, our 4th aniversary!! It marked the fourth best year of my life! I didn't take any pictures, but we did eat a yummy midwestern breakfast, went to Chicago to REI for sandals for Nick, and then I found a cute little fabric boutique called Quiltology. I didn't find any FarFar Away fabric, but I did find some aqua and green fat quarters to make Isabel a quilted blankie. Maybe I will do it in my spare time! In the evening we went to Nick's brother Jimmy's house.


DAY 7



Another day with no pictures. What is up with that? We had another big breakfast and went to Nick's sister's house. We had a very low-key day relaxing. Anastasia watched a lot of TV. She loves TV. Maybe because we don't watch it at home. I watched this show called YoGabbaGabba, and it was SO WEIRD. I have a stupid song from it stuck in my head STILL. grrr. We had dinner at Aunt Marsha's house where we all sat around watching HGTV and it was a surprising highlight of our trip.

No comments: