Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 8- I <3 Chicago!!!

We woke up early on Saturday, and being our last full day at the parents house, we decided to do something fun. The family already had their own things to do so we headed out by ourselves into Chicago to Millennium Park. I love Millennium Park!! All the gardens and promenades, and exercise classes in the park on Saturdays: And of course the bean: Here is us taking a picture into the bean:





Isn't that just the craziest thing? Anastasia loved it. Don't you love how both of my kids are picking their nose in that picture? lol. I think it is called the skyscape or something nice like that. But really, it is just a giant, reflective bean. Am I right? Unfortunately the big fountains were closed because of technical difficulties, but with some Jamba for Nick and a latte for me we went to Buckingham. Buckingham Fountain that is.



I love how Chicago feels old and new all at the same time. When I walk around among the old buildings and parks, I can almost see horse drawn carriages, and families in Victorian attire sporting parasols and prams walking to the beach or along the old streets. And in some places... I can almost see Al Capone. Definitely my favorite city!

No comments: