Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Baby Baluga in the Deep Blue Sea...


is Anastasia's favorite song now. We have a book from the library that goes along with everybody's favorite raffi song and A. LOVES it when we sing it to her. It is scary how cute she is (pictures of a cute 16 year old Anastasia give me nightmares! AH!)


So I have come up with some ingeninous inventions this week.


First of all I bought a binder and loaded it with page protecters and made it my cook book. It is the perfect solution to all my pages of recipes floating around from http://www.allrecipes.com/ and http://www.marthastewart.com/ . I am so pleased with my organized book and its wipe-a-bility (though I still need to get some dividers to organize it). So if you are like me and love finding great recipes online... you HAVE to do this.


Next I have decided to go by fabric paint and paint the bottom of Anastasia's socks and slippery shoes in order to make them skid-proof. I will let you know how this one works out.


I made pie crust dough in the food processor last night (which is supposedly the best way to do it) and being that I have never made a "successful" pie crust, I will let you know how it turns out... I am a little aprehensive being that I used Crisco instead of the recommended Lard (which I felt funny asking for at the grocery store, "Do you have any lard?" lol) so we shall see.


On a sad and happy note (it is really somewhat both) we might be moving to the Chicago region. My mom was in tears about it last night but my parents house is not a safe place for Anastasia any more and it is SO FRUSTRATING trying to ask for small favors to help the child-friendly factor. I feel somewhat bad as we will be leaving a very loving and involved family and the place I have almost always lived. But we need our own place and we need it ASAP and cheap.


So that is the news ladies and gents. We may be buying a little house out there this week. I am scared but know that God ultimately has a decision and goal in mind. He has been very good at closing doors lately. So we will see.


No comments: