Wednesday, November 21, 2007

YumYum

Before I forget,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!
So every so often, I find a really amazing purchase at the goodwill store. Today it was the above pictured Moka espresso maker. I purchased this unique item for 12.50 (which seemed pricey for a thrift store) and it turned out to be a real gem. It was made in Italy by a company called Ancap (which specializes in porcelain products) and I was amazed to see that similar pots are hard to find in the U.S. and in Italy go for around 70 Euros (thats $103 USD!!!). There are some bizarre looking golden sparrows painted on the pot and the two matching espresso cups which I think are totally artsy and neat looking. Nick and I had been keeping our eyes out for a chic lever espresso machine such as this one by Gaggia:

But unfortunately these go for $450 or more. So I was totally thrilled about my new espresso maker and we enjoyed our first homemade lattes this evening (which is probably why I am posting at midnight right now).

I am also in love with some soap I bought at a craft show last week from YumYum Soaps. It is the honey peach, and after weeks of itching from some allergen in my parents house, this soap gave me some much needed relief. It also smells divinely. And it is American made. So if you, like me, have dry skin or just want some luxurious soap... check this out.

Adding to my previous list, Silly Putty and Slinkys are American made. Legos are being made in the Czech republic and Playmobil is made in Germany. One can never have "too many Legos."

No comments: