Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Weekend



Saturday has officially become my market day. In a perfect world, I would remember exactly what I need for an entire week and buy it all on Saturday. This Saturday I stopped by the Woodbine Farmer's Market and Middletown's two farmer's markets. Then I spent the rest of the day making 7 jars of cherry pie filling and 1 ugly but deliciously tart cherry pie. MMmmmm.

Sunday I made Nick a delicious blueberry pancake and egg breakfast compliments of the neighbor's fresh eggs. Then we cleaned our living room and headed out to picturesque Millwood for a picnic and then to church in Winchester. On the way back we stopped in Stephen City for gas at Martin's (I had 30 cents off a gallon) and sampled "Pack's ice cream". It was super yummy but seemed to lack a distinctive quality to set it apart from everyone else. Notice how our lives revolve around food? At home we just relaxed and Nick built a castle out of Anastasia's blocks. It was a nice weekend in the country.

No comments: