Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dressing Up!

So Easter is less than 3 weeks away! Yay! Above is the Portabello Pixie pattern I am using for the girl's dresses. I wanted to share some of my favorite dress tutorials that you can find for free on the Internet, in case you too want to be overambitious this lent and make your children's wardrobe! I found an apron knot dress tutorial, similar to the one I am using at Everyday Chaos. And can you picture this lovely dress made from a skirt in a lacy, Spring fabric?:The above dress made from a women's skirt tutorial can be found HERE at V and Company.And doesn't the above toddler dress look like an overpriced designer dress? It is a toddler dress made from a man's shirt tutorial by Luvin the Mommyhood. I think, again, in a pastel color, that dress could be completely ADORABLE for Easter. And I can totally see dolling up this dress for Easter Sunday as well!: It is the Raglan Sleeve Dress tutorial by Ikat Bag. I could picture doing just the raglan top, a big sash and a full skirt! It could be just darling for Easter Sunday! This dress is one of my favorite tutorials that I plan to spend an entire week making several of in the future:This dress by Dana from MADE is actually made from a men's shirt! It looks SO EASY I want to make 20 of them! The Tutorial is HERE.

And now something for the boys. Lets just be honest, there just aren't as many options for the little guys in our life! But that doesn't mean they need to suffer from a lack of handmade attire! Dana from MADE also has a great boys ensemble of tutorials and I could just see this in a more Springy color palette: I just love the Flat Front Pants and Sweater Vest (from Men's sweater!) combo! It actually makes me want a boy in the worst way! LOL. You could pair those with a boys button down shirt from men's shirt and a bow-tie to match, and top it off with a Newsboy cap and you will have the best dressed little guy in town!

So now lets get to work! If you make your own Easter dress or outfit this week (or at some point before Easter!), let me know! I would love to share your photos on my blog! And stay tuned for a new project next week! And hopefully, amid my Etsy chaos, I will find time to get my dresses finished too! :) Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Wife of a Soldier said...

Those are so cute! Can't wait to see the sweet dresses you make for your little girlies :) I'm thinking one of those patterns toned down and in a simple cotton would be great for nightgowns this summer for my 2yr old :)

Do I remember you did needle felting too? I saw this pattern (http://frontierdreams.blogspot.com/2010/03/wool-felted-egg-tutorial.html ) for needle felted eggs and thought they were adorable and were something you'd be into as well ;) Happy Spring! :)

Clare said...

Hi Laura! Yes I saw those felted eggs and NEED to make them. But I am thinking it will be a project for next year! I just don't forsee any extra time dropping out of the sky! Instead we lost time thanks to that darned time change! Grr.

I could totally see some sweet lacy gowns for a little 2 year old! I may make some too! :) What a great idea!

Jen said...

Wow - you have found and done so many beautiful things! I am in awe!

Very Shannon said...

Thanks for the link luv, I'm glad you liked the dress :)