Friday, September 26, 2008

Waiting and sewing and waiting...

Still no baby... but thats okay. I am trying to be patient and use my time wisely as things are a little more difficult with a newborn. I cleaned the house today (even the floors!!!) and finished this little wrap and contents for Anastasia. It is supposed to be a little play pouch for the car but I may wait and give it to her as a little gift when the new baby arrives.

Inside is a little doll, a taggie blanket, a box of gnomes, coloring book, notebook, pencils and 4 felt animal finger puppets. I plan to make more animals, but I was getting bored of making them today.

I love the little gnomes the best I think. Maybe I will post a tutorial sometime. Maybe there is already one out there. All I know is that it it definately a fun little project.


Yesterday I went to the doctor and had really no change since last week. I had figured that might be the case so I wasn't too terribly dissapointed. The doctor told me if I want to come in and have the baby at any time just give them a call. haha. I found that sort of amusing... just make a phone call to have a baby. I chose the more suspensful route. Will she come by the 3rd? Time will only tell. I am guessing she is going to be 7 lb. 2 oz. Nick is still at work and I have laundry to do. I want to make pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting... mmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! Love the box O'gnomes! Fun stuff for Anastasia!

Secretly, I want a box with gnomes in it too! ;)

Clare said...

Thanks! I think everyone should have a box O'gnomes!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Too cute!! I love the gnomes too! But the finger puppets are definitely up there on the cuteness meter.

I have a lot of soap for you, if you'll email me your address.

Lucy said...

I'd love a tutorial. My son wants to make the 13 dwarves from The Hobbit as a project and I was thinking a gnome would be a good dwarf...but I can't find a good tutorial. So, like, when you're not too busy!

Haus Frau said...

Please please post a tutorial on the gnomes if ever you have time!