Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Barn Makeover

Anastasia likes her little wooden barn she received for her birthday, but as you can see, it was a little bland. Snowed in day 3, Sunday, produced a little "sprucing up" of the barnyard.
I actually made 2 little play mats, the second one might go in my shop when I finish up! My favorite part is the vegetable garden with removable felt veggies: Onions, carrots and lettuce!! Oh my. I think making them out of sculpey clay would be a little nicer so that is next on the agenda. If I ever get out of the house to the craft store that is. 3 feet of snow now, and 10-20 inches on the way! Oy.

The haybales were quite simple and cute and the animals won't go hungry! And the ducks now have somewhere to swim:Anastasia was so excited about her new "farm" and all of her animals and fairies love swimming in the pond. It took me all day, but I know it will provide many hours and days of pretend play for the little ones.As you can see, I made little hay beds for the interior by cutting up some yellow-orangish felt that has been sitting in my stash for a couple years. REALLY. I am really into this play scene thing and want to learn wet, and needle felting now. Really. Badly. This pumpkin house set just kills me with its cuteness! Ack! I am also smitten for THIS hand-knit farm on Etsy. I just love Etsy. If I can't make it, I will buy it on Etsy. That is my new theme.

8 comments:

mo said...

Cute!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is genious! Seriously, I love the garden. Completely brilliant idea.

Clare said...

Thanks Mo, and Kelly!!! The garden is really fun.

Melissa said...

You just keep making all of the things that I am thinking about! I've been thinking about how to make a garden for O's felt fairy land for about a week, and now I know how to do it! Thanks!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Okay, I just was catching up on your blog. LOVE everything!! I love the birdy branch!!! I can't wait till we get our laptop (I LOVE TAX RETURNS AND BABIES THAT MAKE TAX RETURNS BIGGER) and I can read your blog more than once a month.

I am deeply jealous of everything you've posted about, including the snow! Curse you, Virginia! You've stolen my precious Indiana snowstorms from me for at least three years in a row now.

Mary said...

You are so talented! I am crazy about what you made! Any chance you might sell something like this on etsy??!! I'd try to copy it myself, but you are just so good at it! Your girls are lucky lucky lucky!!!

Clare said...

Thank you all, so much! I am so glad this is so inspiring! I do plan on selling my second playmat that I made in my shop... I just need to finish it! So many unfinished projects and ideas... and so little time to myself. :)

Amanda Pedro said...

awesome!!!!! Da Bomb!
thanks for sharing