Friday, October 9, 2009

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens

Yesterday my mom and I took the girls to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond. I wish they were closer, but a stop at my mom's made the 2 1/2 hour drive more doable. They had a really nice butterfly room with all kinds of exotic butterflies.
I have never seen Anastasia so excited about a butterfly room, and we have been to several since she was a baby. 2 1/2 is a good age! And she isn't as scared of flying butterflies as she was 2 months ago. Isabel enjoyed them too, and tried to touch each one and giggled when they flew away. *sigh* babies are so stinking cute! Here she is looking at a pond from the children's tree house: I don't know why I love that picture. I guess I just love kissing the back of that big baby head. There was a little cottage in the greenhouse. It was so cute, like out of a fairy tale. I want it in my backyard.


And Anastasia has had definate tastes in the clothes she wears. It saddens me that I can't put her in everything I want... but I am also excited to move into this new stage of style. There was an awesome tree for climbing:

And many bridges.
And I just love the fall lighting. I have this love-hate relationship with fall. It is such a beautiful season with apples, changing leaves and pumpkins. BUT it is such a trickster because it beckons you on with all its lovliness and then leaves you in the middle of yucky cold winter. It is a very sneaky season. One minute you are jumping in leaves and the next you are freezing your toes off. I love-hate fall, and I dread winter.

No comments: