Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Visit From Grandma and Grandpa!


Nick's parents came for a visit this weekend from Indiana. It was really good to see them, and we were very busy all weekend. Unfortunately it rained most of the time they were here. We went to Staunton, took a trip to DC to the Bascilica and the National Gallery of Art, and on our only sunny day we had a nice outing to Elizabeth Furnace- one of our favorite local spots! It was just BEAUTIFUL with all the turning leaves. And in case you were wondering where Isabel got her red hair:
I couldn't get any great pictures of Anastasia. She is always go-go-going. But Isabel is just so fabulous at posing:

She really had a ball with all of our outings and adventures! Nick called the Isabel-Grandma combo the Ginger Fest! lol. I think Isabel was glad not to be the odd one out with her Grandmother around! Passage Creek is just AMAZING! We spent a lot of time doing this:And this:Stuffing our faces! We get so spoiled with cookies and dessert and food when the grandparents come to town! We got these really tasty cookies in Staunton, and after ordering them, they rang them up and they were $2.50 a piece!!! I mean, they were cute, shaped like acorns and ghosts and they were yummy, but $2.50? Wow. I also finished most of my Christmas shopping for the girls at Pufferbellies. I just LOVE that toystore. I think the kids like it too. One of the best parts of the weekend was a nice trip to the Pioneer History museum also in Staunton! Here was Anastasia feeding the ducks.There were several different farms showing life in the 1600's all over the world. It was really, really awesome! The best reinactor was the blacksmith:

Unfortunately we only had an hour and a half before they closed, and we really could have spent ALL DAY there. I think Nick's parents had a nice stay, I really wish it had been nicer weather for them. I know the kids had a blast.
Oh, and Nick got me a dryer off of Craigslist this weekend for free! And it works! I forgot what it was like to do 5 loads of laundry in one day... or even that it was possible to do so. I will still try and dry clothes on the line because I just really enjoy it and the clothes seem so fresh, but when we have 5 days of rain in a row, it is nice to have other options! :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a nice weekend! $2.50 is expensive for a cookie. There is a yummy cookie shop in the Reading Terminal Market that are $4. But they are choc. chip dipped in choc...so it was worth the $4! I think that Isabel's hair gets redder and redder I love it!